Chick-fil-A Manager –Full Time
The Manager has the responsibility for directing the front of house daily operations of a quick service restaurant for an entire shift, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operations, including production, preparation, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting, financial accountability, ensuring the highest quality products and services are delivered to our customers and other duties as required.
A position at Chick-fil-A is more than a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A. We offer competitive starting pay, performance-based advancement, leadership skill development opportunities, college scholarships, flexible hours, free meals while working, and, of course, we are always closed on Sundays!
- Managing and Developing a team of 50+
- Collaborate with the Owner/Operator to create and implement new policies/procedures
- Maintaining a work environment that ensures food safety and positive culture
- Creating the schedule for your team
- Providing high quality customer service and satisfaction
- Reporting directly to the Owner/Operator to discuss the current/future state of the store
This is a full time opportunity and offer excellent benefits. Prior experience as a restaurant general manager, catering manager, operations manager, supervisor, shift lead, restaurant assistant general manager would be helpful but not required.
The Front of House Manager is responsible for:
- Opening or closing the store
- Directing the daily operations of a quick-service restaurant
- Assisting Team Leaders in running excellent shifts
- Training new staff or existing staff on new positions
- Ownership over specific areas of the business such as scheduling, hiring, interviews, marketing, etc.
- Ensuring that food safety and quality assurance standards are met
- Ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operations, including production, preparation, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting, financial accountability.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills in addition to In-store and catering food preparation experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred or in progress
- 2-3 years of proven Leadership Experience (developing people, driving results, creating/following systems, a history of being a "culture driver")
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage an operation with many moving parts
- Passion for Chick-fil-A values
- Open availability
Pay Structure is DOE
- Store Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance Available